Bullies aren’t just a pain in the butt; they’re power-hungry confidence thieves who can wreak havoc on your life if you aren’t careful. Understand that the laws of human nature dictate that no one does or says anything without some sort of psychological benefit.
Bullies reap several benefits at your expense if you’re a target. Here is a list of those benefits:
1. A sense of power – bullies bully for power, control, and domination. Anytime a bully takes a victim down, they get a tremendous rush of power and become addicted to that rush. This is why bullies never bully once. They always come back for more.
It’s no different from being a drug addict. The evil actions, cruelty, and power become a drug in and of themselves.
Also, as with any drug, the same tactics and frequency of bullying lose their potency after a while, so the bully must escalate the torment to keep getting the rush they crave.
For example, when name-calling and verbal abuse of the target lose the thrill they once gave and begin to get boring, bullies will often escalate to either cruel pranks, humiliation, or physical assault and battery to keep getting the rush they look for. It’s the same as when a drug addict builds a drug tolerance and begins taking higher doses.
2. Popularity – Bullies bully because, sadly, many people think it’s cool or cute. Bullying gives the bully lots of attention and visibility from others. Bullying is a way for bullies to exert power and sadly, in toxic work and learning environments, it gains them the popularity they crave.
3. Superiority – Bullying gives the bully an appearance of strength and sends a message to those around him that he’s a badass, and they’d be a fool to mess with him. The bully also gives the appearance that he’s top dog.
4. Attention and Sympathy – if the bully can make the targeted student look like the bad guy, he gets to enjoy the attention and bask in the sympathy others give him.
5. Distraction from their own shortcomings – Bullies are experts at making the target look weak and pathetic. If the bully can distract everyone else’s attention to the victim’s flaws, weaknesses, and shortcomings, he can keep the spotlight off his own defects and imperfections. Because if people expect to see trouble coming from a specific place, that’s where they’re going to look.
6. Projection of their own flaws onto someone else – Bullies have a flare for accusing their targets of the same deplorable behavior of which they are guilty. If the bully can make the target look like the bully, then the real bully can go unpunished and continue to attack the victim freely and with impunity. Again, it also takes the focus off his own misdeeds.
7. The satisfaction and gratification of seeing the target suffer – Bullies love to see their targets suffer. For the bully, the victim’s misery is entertainment and gives them a rush of power. Just know they can determine how the target feels and how their day goes gives them a feeling of dominance.
Don’t give them the satisfaction. Be a waste of time and energy to them. The way to do this is to see the bully for the weak punk they really are- bullies bully because they’re great big cowards. They have no persuasion skills. In fact, they have no redeemable qualities. Therefore, the only way they cam be effective is to bully their way through life. Keep this in the back of your mind.
With knowledge comes empowerment!
0 thoughts on “7 Benefits Bullies Reap at the Target’s Expense”
Great share dear
Thank you so much 💖
I love all the advice you give about dealing with bullies.
Thank you so much, dear. 💖 I’m so glad this helps. 💐🦋
it is no power
to be cruel
You’re absolutely right. 💯
my poor pa had a seventh grade education. he was born in 1898. none of the men in our family liked themselves.
I’m so sorry to hear that. 💔 It makes life more difficult when one doesn’t like himself.
it sure does. and i live with a son who s just like me. oh oh. too many rules. too much anger.
I’m so sorry to hear this.
that s why we i blog . to show to know and to learn. oh my!
for sure and bingo.
Another great post which I can totally relate to.
Thank you so much, Michael. 🙂
Yep, they are excellent self-promoters alright. Like you said, just be aware of their tactics so you won’t be so surprised when they behave in such a manner! Thanks Cherie dawwwwlink!!! No redeemable qualities at all! UGH!!! 😣😯😫
You’re most welcome, Kym! Thank you so much for reading and giving your thoughts! I so value your input! <3 😀
Awww Cherie, Cherie coco pop…you always have interesting takes to this all important topic of discussion. 👍🏼 I appreciate ya my friend. 🙏🏼 Continue to do your thing, and give the facts, no matter who doesn’t like it!!! 🥰💖😘
Aww! Thank you so much, Kym! You delight me more than you know! And love the “coco pop” My mom used to listen to that song when I was little! She had the 45! LOL 😀
Oh man, not the 45? Girl, you know there is something so nostalgic and magical to hear any song on 45 or LP these days? 💿🔊📀 It’s always a pleasure to comment on your very informative commentaries my dear! I appreciate ya sweetie pie! 🙏🏼🥧🤗💖😘💐🌟
I appreciate you too, dahhh-ling! And yaass! Those vinyl records bring back a rush of memories! I think I’m gonna watch Saturday Night Fever tonight. I have the DVD!
Ok, you go Ms. BlockBuster! I hear ya. Enjoy! 🎥🎬📽📺🎞🍿🥤
You bet! 💖💐🌹🦋🕊💫📽🎞🎬
Hello friend! Let’s try a login! Feel free to upload pics as well. I am self-hosted and do not pay the same kind of fee as WP
Gotcha! I can do that. I’m still planning self-hosted but having trouble ironing out some things. Going to my PC now.
Great! I’m IN!
Be sure to leave links that lead to your site in your posts! 🤠🔥
I sure did. Thank you so much, again. 💖
Be sure and post frequently! You have a stump with your name on it at the Campfire! 🤠🔥
Thank you so much, Ben. 🤗💖
Now, I have to see why it doesn’t put your name at the top or count your views. I called you out on LinkedIn!
Oh nooo! I’ll see what I can do. 😮
I just replied to your LinkdIn announcement. It was a sweet gesture and I’m honored to be a part of the Campfire Circle. <3
Amen sister 🙌 My God this is spot on! Very well written! Thank you! Greetings from Holland! 🍀
Thank you so much, Samantha! This means a lot! Greetings from the USA! <3 🙂