Many bullies bully because they’re jealous of their targets. But they would never in a million years admit it. Because to admit something like this would be to admit failure and inferiority. And the last thing a bully will do is look inferior, especially to their target!
Here are the signs that the person is jealous:
1. They tear you down. Anyone who’s secretly jealous of you will insult you and criticize you behind your back. But they won’t have the guts to say anything to your face because you intimidate them. They will always degrade you when you’re not there to defend yourself.
Here are other reasons they may gossip about you when your back is turned:
a. You make them feel powerless
b. They know that what they’re saying is either exaggerated or untrue.
c. If you’re not there to hear them, you can’t call them out on it and they can say what they want.
d. Tearing you down restores their own image. When you look bad, they think it makes them look good. They then start to feel superior again as they drag you through the mud.
2. They trivialize your successes and accomplishments. These kinds of bullies will try to make you feel bad about your achievements. They say things like, “Anybody could’ve done that!” or “You didn’t do anything special!”
The reason these people act like this is that they only wish they’d done it themselves. Understand that bullies undermine your achievements and successes because they don’t want to feel like a failure in comparison to you.
3. They provoke you into arguments and altercations. This can be aggravating. They start confrontations with you because they don’t like to lose! And when people are jealous of you, you may seem better than them in a lot of ways. You may be super intelligent or very attractive. You may have a good reputation and have lots of friends. You may have more than them- anything really.
They will provoke the pettiest, stupidest arguments and refuse to give up because they feel insecure around you. Be aware that bullies need to score these petty little victories to feel good about themselves again.
These bullies feel like you’re always winning and they’re always losing.
Anytime they interact with you, they are searching for any weakness or flaw you may have that they can exploit. They will bide their time, waiting for you to say something wrong. And when you finally do, they’ll make a huge deal of it. They will make a mountain out of a molehill. And they’ll never let it go!
Understand that jealous bullies are desperate to beat you at something!
4. Blind hatred. Sometimes these types of bullies can’t pinpoint and don’t know what to do with their jealousy. But if the bullies really hate you, why are you on their minds so much? Could it be because they’re trying to cover up how much they like you? They may tell others how much they despise you when they actually want to be like you.
5. They copy you. They may copy your image by dressing like you, they may steal your ideas and your work and claim it as theirs. And they may imitate you.
6. They will make up competition. Again. Understand that when bullies do this, they are desperately trying to beat you at something – anything! They’ll challenge you at something you don’t normally do or something they know you aren’t good at. And they won’t stop until they do beat you at something. But let them. And when they finally do, just clap and be happy for them. Let them have that little win because you’ve got bigger and better things to accomplish. And – it might even get them off your back for a while.
Please know that you aren’t at fault in this situation. You did do anything wrong. Understand that these people have issues and they need help! But they will never in this lifetime admit that to you or anyone else.
Keep shining and keep knowing that the reason these people do these things is that they really know that you’re awesome. And it scares them to death!
With knowledge comes empowerment!
0 thoughts on “Many Times Bullying Comes from Jealousy”
I dealt with it for years. Part of the bullying was fueled by others seeking entertainment and this person didn’t realize. In the end they quit, their reason was that I was only walking around with a clip board not doing any work. Which is the very job they were doing. All they did all day was carry a clipboard marking whether the machine operators were doing as instructed, what the technicians needed to attend to, they had sheets for each machine and boxes to mark. Me? I had a clipboard that I carried first thing in the morning noting what was running and where. I didn’t pick it up again all day. Odd bird that one. I reached a point where their attacks slid off my back and made me feel sorry for them more than anything else. Which may have even made it worse.
My heart goes out to you. I’m so sorry you dealt with such immaturity. And that last part definitely makes sense. When you let it slid off your back, they always intensify the bullying because they want so bad for you to react. Know that you did the right thing by not reaching.
Well, they say the best flattery is imitation, but often the imitators are too immature to properly imitate! 😝 But what jealous hearted people really hate about others, when they probably have more materialistically, is good character and ethics, something you cannot buy and something they don’t have! 😲 🥱 😉
BINGO! You nailed it as usual, Kym! Thank you so much for your thoughts on this, sweetie! I’m sorry I’ve been kind of silent today. I’m getting ready to go out of town early tomorrow morning and I’ve been getting ready for this 5-6 hour drive. I’m going to be worn out by the end of the day tomorrow! Going with my mom to see my 93 year old grandfather and have lunch. We’ll then head back home tomorrow evening. Driving or riding tires me out- but I still enjoy it! 😉🙂🙃
Oh how wonderful Cherie! I know that your grandfather will be elated to see you all. 🤗 Have a wonderful time my friend. Enjoy your trip, although it is a 5-6 hour drive. 🚗 Just savor the moments you all have to spend together. Cheers and be safe!!! 🍕 🛣 🥂
We sure did girl. We just stopped as we’re on our way home. I overestimated the drive time lol! More like 3 1/2 hours one way. We made a day of it. Still.on my way home so I’ll converse more tomorrow. Sending love and light your way. 💖💐🤗😊
Quisiera qué razones que estás cayendo en los clichés de siempre gente tóxica vos te das cuenta lo que significa eso? Un tiempo que no podemos comer sushi y la gente decía soy bipolar no soy bipolar sos ciclotímica histérica y pelotuda y la gente no es tóxica es patológicamente sociópata o psicópata narcisista integrado dejémoslos de j**** porque para que haya un tóxico tiene que haber alguien que se tome el veneno vengan a mi muro que yo los voy a ayudar con la realidad sin cura y con mucha amabilidad basta de robar basta basta basta de robar