Ever! It’s better to sit back, relax, and let Karma deal with them because I guarantee that Karma can do a much better job than you ever could. Besides, do you want to expend that kind of energy? That kind of ugliness? No. Because you’re better than that!
And they aren’t worth the effort. Revenge isn’t as sweet as it looks in the movies. In fact, it’s cancer that will eat you up inside if you dwell on it!
What’s so bad about hate is that you’re so preoccupied with the people who wronged you, and they may still have you convinced that they’re all-powerful and untouchable and that you’re powerless and at their mercy, though you may not admit it.
And this is why you’re just itching to exact revenge on them. You find yourself ruminating over the many times they bullied and abused you, and it will play over in your mind like a broken record. You’ll be plagued with the thought that they got away with it. Understand that all this will only eat down into your soul, rot, and cause nothing but more pain.
So, ask yourself. Are they worth it?
I understand that sinking feeling of defeat you get from knowing of the possibility that your bullies didn’t get theirs- that they can walk away free without the slightest clue that what they did was wrong. It’s normal to feel a sense of injustice.
And ignorance is bliss, and bullies are the most blissful people on the face of the earth! But understand that there’s a term for your bullies’ ignorance. It’s called willful ignorance, and it happens when your bullies convince themselves that they did nothing wrong and that you got what you deserved.
But realize that this is precisely what your bullies want you to think. Otherwise, they wouldn’t get such a thrill from it.
Revenge always escalates the bullying because bullies are known to get brutal to get what they want. And if you try to give them payback, it will only turn into a game of ping pong. It will go back and forth, back and forth again. It’ll be an endless game of tit for tat.
Continually replaying the bullying over and over in your head isn’t good at all! Because if you keep this up, you’ll never find happiness nor peace of mind. How can you move on with your life when you’re reliving the trauma?
Here are a few ways to reclaim your happiness and your life:
1.Seek Therapy. Never be too proud to seek therapy because it can help you process the negative feelings that poison your life. Therapy works. I’m living proof.
2. Write about it in a journal. Believe it or not, writing about it helps you unload and get it out of your system, especially when bullies have cut you off from support through smear campaigns. Not only are you building a good case and keeping a record of the bullying to use in case you go to court, but you are also providing yourself much-needed therapy. Writing is very therapeutic and cathartic. And once you get it out, even if only on paper, you’ll be surprised at how much better you’ll feel.
3. Spend time with people who feed your soul- the ones who love and care for you. Spending time with the people who love you the most can be a buffer to your self-esteem. It has a way of making up for all the hurt bullies cause you by giving you an equal or more amount of positivity in your life. Keep company with those who make you feel best about yourself. Share happy times with them, laugh with them, because laughter truly is the best medicine!
4. Capture happy moments. Again, bullies have given you enough negative, sad and stressful moments. Why not balance that with just as many happy moments? And the best part is that we have the power to create those moments!
5. Go on a trip. Sometimes, it’s just good to steal away to a beach house on a secluded beach with your family or friends. Or you can visit an out of state relative. Whatever you decide, getting out of town helps to bring you out of stagnation and revive you. It also gives you a sense of adventure, and that always lifts the mood. So, pack your things and go!
6. Meditate. Having been bullied can flood your mind with fear and negativity. It helps to shut off your mind, even for five minutes every day. Meditate on positive things. Focus on yourself and your personal goals. Meditate on God. It will help relax you and make you feel so much better.
7. Exercise. Exercise not only makes you healthier and promotes weight loss and better muscle tone, but it can also be one heck of a stress buster. Whether you like High-Intensity Training with weights or a brisk walk through the park, it increases endorphins and other feel-good chemicals to help you feel better.
8. Indulge in hobbies. Hobbies not only make you feel accomplished, but they take your mind off your bullies and the bullying you suffered in the past. So, find something you enjoy doing the most and concentrate on it. Being creative is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
9. Focus on your goals. If you focus on your goals, you won’t have time to focus on your bullies. They don’t deserve even to be an afterthought. So, focus on your goals and where you want to go. And make life all about those things. Keep doing your thing!
I want you to understand that bullies get so much pleasure from your misery. So, do all you can to add as much joy to your life as possible. And once you do, take pleasure in knowing that, if your bullies could see that you’re happy without them, they’d be so furious!
Sometimes you must play mind games with yourself. Does it sound strange? Possibly. But whatever works. Right?
No, you can’t pretend that the pain isn’t there. And you can’t bury it or stuff it down because if it’s there, it will leak out eventually. But you do have to process it and do a lot of work on yourself before it goes away.
It will take a lot of work and time to do, but it will be worth it in the end. And you’re worth it! It’s all about self-care. And there’s nothing better than investing in yourself! I guarantee it!
With knowledge comes empowerment!
0 thoughts on “Targets, Here Are 9 Better Alternatives to Seeking Revenge.”
YOUR POST LIKE A FRIEND WHO TALK TO ME AND MAKE ME UNDERSTAND ABOUT LIFE.
Thank you so much! 💖 I’m so glad to be able to help warn people about the tricks and wiles of bullies.
Good advice…I’ve tried and still do a lot of these things, they are helpful but I still spend too much time hating the people who abused me…To even begin to get over it it is the fight of my life
I completely understand, Jim. It’s a heck of a fight, I’ll grant you that. 💯
All wonderful things to do for yourself, some works for me, some do not. Processing it all is hard, the pain, the frustration, the fear, but once you do, you find peace of mind. My strong emotions were making it harder for me to see clearly what was going on. I had to process those feelings, see them for what they are, why I had them, and work on that, and put them behind me, to see with logic. I have done that these past few months and every day it is easier. I now KNOW.
You don’t know how glad I am to read this, Stella! 💖💐🌞 I’m so proud of you for working to get your life back! You’ve got this, honey!
My favorites are hobbies, road trips and being out in nature. A road of bitterness is a rough road to go down, best to pass it by. It does hurt though every now and then to remember those bulling times, things out in the world can trigger. The most hurtful in my situation was the fact that my teenage mom would bully me my whole life, even after I left home at 18. Didn’t have the strength to walk away completely until I saw how she was bullying my kids. It hurts to not have extended family as my mom was the queen mean bee in our family and was always so good at her manipulating others that anyone close to or in her circle also became another bully towards me. If I try to defend myself, all those people only believe my mother and hate me for being such a horrible person that I would say things against a mother…how dare I. There is a reason abuse almost never gets reported when children are little, and then when those children grow up, when they finally have the courage to speak up, they get abused by the world because they are hated for speaking against anyone who says terrible things about someone who calls themselves a mother. Best to do what all these steps in your post address. Happiness is always the best choice.
I’m so sorry that you were bullied by someone who was supposed to love, protect, and nurture you. I can’t imagine the heartache of having to sever ties with her. The worst most heartbreaking thing is to mourn a loved one who’s still alive. But I’m proud of you for protecting your children and for ensure yours and your children’s safety. You’re a great mother yourself for protecting your babies. 💖🌺💐
Positively excellent reminders, Cherie! Have a great weekend. 🧡
Thank you so much, Peach! You too have a wonderful weekend! 🌞🌞🌞
Whoa!! Your posts are much needed, especially in today’s times when people are constantly being bullied due to innumerous reasons. Thank you so much for the awesome advice!!!
You’re so welcome, Tanisha! And thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! 💖🤗🌞🌺💐 Have an awesome weekend!
The beat revenge to a bullynis making something beautiful out of your life, that they tried (and failed) to break.
Love this post.
Just sit back, focus on you and let our darling Karma pay them a visit.
Absolutely 💯 Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts on this topic! 💖💐
Thank you for sharing I believe everyone can benefit from this at any age.
I totally agree! 💯 Thank you so much for commenting! I always look forward to hearing from you and all of the readers! 💖💐🌻🌞
You’re so welcome. And thank you💕
My pleasure! ❤️
Life is so much better with any of these 9 wise actions. I’ve literally done them all at certain times in life. Trips, hobbies, friends are favorites. I still have troubles mediating with my mind…if lucky, I fall asleep for a good nap. Thanks again.
You’re most welcome, Texas Jack! And you’re absolutely right! 💯 Your above mentioned alternatives make life so much better. We have more control over our lives than we’re made to believe. It’s just sad most people don’t realize it yet. 💔
Exercise does the trick, doesn’t it??
It sure does! 💯👍
Re “perception is reality”
Whoever promotes the meme “perception is reality” is, wittingly or unwittingly, spreading destructive self-defeating propaganda.
The MISLEADING FAKE mantra of “perception is reality” is a product of a fake sick culture that has indoctrinated its “dumbed down” (therefore TRULY ignorant, therefore easy to control) people with many such manipulative slogans.
You can find the proof that perception is commonly NOT reality in the article “The 2 Married Pink Elephants In The Historical Room –The Holocaustal Covid-19 Coronavirus Madness: A Sociological Perspective & Historical Assessment Of The Covid “Phenomenon”” …. https://www.rolf-hefti.com/covid-19-coronavirus.html
““We’re all in this together” is a tribal maxim. Even there, it’s a con, because the tribal leaders use it to enforce loyalty and submission. … The unity of compliance.” — Jon Rappoport, Investigative Journalist
“2 weeks to flatten the curve has turned into…3 shots to feed your family!” — Unknown
I totally agree with this! All of those quotes are manipulation at it’s best! Thank you so much for the link! I’ll definitely read it.
So, the psycho evilite are trying to suppress Vitamin C! Ha! I wish them luck with that (snark). We get Vitamin C from the sun and the fruit we eat- Vit C is plentiful in nature! The evilite are a bunch of morons! 😂🤣😂🤣
Let Karma do its thing!