Even the happiest of people have days when they feel down in the dumps. Fortunately, there are things you can do to remedy your situation and chase those doldrums away!
1. Listen to good music – There’s nothing that cures your ills like boogying down to some good dance music or rocking out to the sounds of your favorite rock bands. There something about music that makes us come alive and want to get up and move! So, put on some good tunes and shake your butt!
2. Go for a walk – Going on a good nature walk on a beautiful Spring day lifts the spirits and feels so good. Walking is also one of the best exercises there is, so, there are physical health benefits to it as well.
3. Indulge in your hobbies – working on and completing your hobbies brings out your creative side and gives you the feeling of success and accomplishment. It gives you pride in yourself and in your abilities. And who doesn’t love that?
4. Surround yourself with your favorite people – Being around the people you love, who love you, and who lift you up feeds your soul like nothing else. When you get together with your loved ones, you know you belong, and you get that much needed sense of belonging and togetherness.
5. Fix yourself up – As the old saying goes, when you look good, you feel good. When you take pride in your appearance, it shows. Looking your best has a way of building your confidence and your self-esteem. And it also has a way of spreading to others.
The good thing as that you have options. Do any one of these things and watch your mood skyrocket in just minutes. You’ll be glad you did. I promise!
With knowledge comes empowerment!
0 thoughts on “5 Things You Can Do to Uplift Your Spirits”
In addition to these I do two mire things, firstly, I take a shower and most importantly I sip my Coffee, for I believe if coffee can’t fix it, the problem is really serious.
Those are some awesome things too that you can do! Thank you so much for your thoughts! 💖💐🌹
I am thankful for the useful post
You’re most welcome! 💖
Please I need you to send me some write up like this
I have several and continue to write new stuff. 🤗
Okay write me on Whatsapp so we can talk more better +1609-526-8178
I don’t have a WhatsApp. Its complicated. Can I contact you through email?
Thanks a lot
You’re most welcome, Luisa! 😊 💖
Actually it’s great, 👍👍👍👍
I do all these things, except no people in my life 😯 take care
You do the same, dear! 💖
Oh my god! We all is here, don’t think, you are alone!
The first four definitely worked for me. Five didn’t because when I did try to smarten up, people in school would rag on me for it.
That’s exactly what bullies do when they notice that you’re trying to better yourself and it scares them to death! Thank you so much for your thoughts, Michael!
Me too 😅😅😅😅😅 dear friend
Wow. You have come up with a fantastic and a highly motivational post. I loved it. ♥️♥️♥️
Thank you so much! 😊 💖
Yes 💝💝💝💝💝💝 dear friend
Pet a cat – and the good feelings increase as the cat purrs… purring is a healing frequency 😉
I couldn’t agree more, Jeanne! The purring is indeed so relaxing…and addictive! 😊🤗
A dog maybe ☺️☺️
Thanks I really needed to Know this right Now. Thank you for sharing this. ☺
You’re most welcome. And thank you for your kind words! 😊🤗
Obviously great 👍👍👍👍👍
Quite informative and helpful. I’ve picked some tips for me. Thanks for sharing.
You’re very welcome. 🙂 Thank you for your kind words. 💖
My pleasure 💕🌟🌟💕
Actually it’s full of great tips!
Yes it is, my friend. Wonderful 💖
It’s my pleasure dear friend
A good book and some chocolates are my saviours 🙂
Absolutely! 💯 They are definitely good tools to boost the mood! Thank you for your thought! ❤️
Yes I love this two things!
Great ideas! I listen to music while I work all day. It always elevates my mood.
Isn’t it funny how music can make work not feel like work! I love your comment, Val! 💖🌷
Me too love song and movie!
You are wise and helpful.
Thank you so much! You don’t know how much I appreciate you. 💖🌺🌻🌹
Me too. 😊🍓🍰🍠
Perfect ones, + for me Good food also does wonders
Amen on that one! 😀
All wonderful points, love them all!
Thank you so much, Nisha! 💖🌻🌷
I liked the way you are narrating the words
Thank you so much! 💖
Listening to Praise and worship songs, blogging, reading devotions and my Bible, praying and spending time with God lift my spirits. Thanks for sharing your list, Cherie 🙂
You’re most welcome! 💖💐🌹🕊 You have a great list too! 😊
So great 👍👍👍👍
Thank you so much! ❤
Great advice Cherie! 👏🏼 Motivational and doable tips. 👍🏽 A nice relaxing bath with a cup of tea (or Moscato whichever comes first) is a good reviver for me. Thanks so much for your uplifting message my dear! Have a wonderful day!!! 🌞🥂🤗☕🤩
Thank you so much, sweetie! 💖💐🌺🦋 And yassss! Amen, girl! I love a good soak in the bathtub…with bubbles or a bath bomb! And tea or wine… What a treat! 🥂🍾🍷 It’s always my pleasure! 😊🤗
Awww, sending you big hugs and sloppy smooches Cherie! 🤗😁😘 You rock girlfriend!!! …..☕🛁🍷
Big hugs and sloppy smooches back, sweetie! 😘🤗😘🤗😘🤗 Love you too! 💖💖💖
Actually this writing is appreciatable so much ❤️❤️❤️
That is so kind of you. Thank you. 🙏🏼
Most Welcome dear ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ beautiful friend
Thank you for this party ❤️❤️
It’s my pleasure! 💖💐🌹
I love this post and agree with all of these I would like to add a few and agree with a few things here.
1) Music is very important. It doesn’t matter what type of music one prefers, it comes down to what type of music makes you feel happy, gets the blood pumping, makes you feel like a warrior. There is a place for music that makes you feel solemn. We all need that too but I think when you are trying to lift your spirits it has do be something that gives you that adrenaline rush.
2) Friends and people you enjoy talking to and hanging with is so important and it is something I way too often fall short of. I don’t always do a good job of keeping up with my friends or I will get busy and kind of blow them off or keep my conversations too short. This is what I have learned and I think this was discussed on another one of your posts. We need to tell the people we care about how we feel about them, what they mean to us, etc. We need have that heartfelt, fun, warm honest conversation and I really think it can help with the friendship AND we must make time. I don’t do that well. Also we need to make sure we are in healthy friendships and relationships. If our significant other stays jealous or tries to keep us hidden that is a red flag. So many of us are jealous of opposite sex friendships etc. Obviously lines shouldn’t be crossed of course but you should not have to give up long-term friendships because your partner can’t handle it. Sometimes are significant others even have a problem with SAME SEX friendships because they feel that is taking time away from them. It is ridiculous, we all need people from all walks of life and not just the person we are with in our lives.
3) Exercise is vital. It is good for not only our physical health but our mental health as well and I actually enjoy walking alone most of the time and just gathered in my thoughts.
4) This one may seem strange but I call it Bathing Suit Confidence. I love wearing short shorts or a bathing suit and I have had people compliment me in it. It is tough sometimes to have that confidence but find a flattering suit and strut around like you own the place. It will really build confidence even if you are shy the first few times
Let me move my other thoughts to another post so this doesn’t go on and on.
I love your comment amd I agree with every point you made here! As long as you like the music and it feels you feel like jumping up and gettin’ down, that’s all that matters! And I love the Bathing Suit confidence you speak of! I’m filing this one away in my mental filing cabinet! 💖😊🤗
Okay Part II. Thanks everyone.
5) Going back to music or books or other hobbies, ask your friends for recommendations. For instance if you like a certain type of music, find one of your friends to recommend you some music from that genre you may not be familiar with and do the research and check them out. The same thing with books or other hobbies. You may discover something new and it will make you feel great and your friends too!
6) Find humor in things. Yes, we all need to be serious at times but find humor in as much as you can. It is good to laugh and don’t be afraid to look back at your own experiences, clumsiness, quirks, etc and instead of beating yourself up over it, laugh at how much you have grown and learned.
7) Don’t get consumed with anything. There is nothing wrong with hard work, but a job is a job. Limit your hours to something reasonable. Don’t stay in a state of anger. Recognize not everyone is going to agree with your views on life, political viewpoints, favorite sports team, etc. Respect the right they have a reason for their beliefs possibly based on their life and their life may be different than yours. In other words, don’t get consumed by anything. Enjoy your life, work hard, but play hard and surround yourself with positivity.
8) Do something charitable. Sitting at home never doing anything for others isn’t good for any of us. It is fine to be a homebody but we should get out of the house do some charity work, help a friend, donate some money, just do something nice for other people. It will lift our spirits helping others.
9) Use Social Media for positivity. There is a bunch of mean junk on the internet. Don’t be that. Post funny things, uplifting things, happy things, check on your friends through Social Media sometimes as well as other ways. Watch your words. Don’t get bullied of course but also pick your battles. I have never gotten something removed from Social Media simply because I try not to offend others or pick fights and it keeps me better spirited.
10) Learn to schedule. I find when I have a set amount of time I am going to work on something, exercise, etc that I keep in good spirits.
11) Take people out of your life who make you feel bad on a regular basis. This one is hard but it can even mean family members. If someone makes you feel bad about yourself keep them at a far distance. You will lift your own spirit.
Wonderful additions! I couldn’t agree more! I’ll definitely put these in the long-lost version! 💖💐🌹🦋
I absolutely agree with your thoughts!😊💞
Thank you so much! 💖
Awesome post, Cherie! I love all of those! 🤍😁
Thank you so much, Jeff! 🕊
You’re welcome, Cherie! Always. ☺️
Me too !
Definitely the top five!! Thanks.
You’re most welcome, Jack! 😊
All great points! For me a haircut always makes me feel good 😊
There you go! 🙂
Great post Cherie!❤️
Thank you so much, Cindy. <3
I have read this beautiful and an important post , it’s full of many important tips, thank you so much for sharing so important post! Best of luck 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Thank you so much for your kind words. <3
Most Welcome dear ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ beautiful friend 💘💘💘
To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.
Absolutely right! Sometimes you must fake it until you make it! <3 And I've even read many articles from different writers who work in psychology that advocate this! I might cover this more in depth in a future post! Thank you so much for your thoughts! <3
Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your destiny!
So true! 💯 If you act confident, you can actually grow and become confident!
Your destiny is too great, your assignment too important, your time too valuable. Do not let fear intimidate you.
Absolutely right! 💯 I love your thoughts on this! 💖
I find walking very therapeutic – especially if you are in nice surroundings.
Absolutely, Roy! Walking is the best exercise there is! 🙂
Awesome suggestions. Could I add stay connected? I live North and my bestie, galpal and confidente live at least 6000km away. I am blessed with reliable Internet that avails me to stay connected to those important people who do indeed lift me up and feed my soul like nothing else on the planet! Great blog, Cherie! Thank you, Kim
You’re most welcome, Kim. And yes. You’re more than welcome to stay connected. 🤗💖💐🕊
listening to good music and taking a walk, the first two things on your list, is my go-to whenever I am feeling down. Bobbing my head to funky beats and breathing in the fresh air can really do wonders to my mood
Awesome combo! And I’m with you- a walking trail amd some ear buds and I’m off amd running…err…walking! 😃😃😃
Thank you so much! 💖
Thank you so much! 💖
You’re so welcome💕
Dance is my go to move .. and another thing that helps me a lot is traveling. Even if its like for 2 days. Works for me.
Awesome outlets, Divya! And traveling is definitely a good pick me up! <3 Thank you for your lovely thoughts! 🙂
Thank you so much! 💖
It’s so awesome when you are listening to your favourite singer who is describing the same feelings as yours except that he is also telling you where are you going wrong in underestimating yourself!!
Thanks for bringing the same thing I feel in your blog
Isn’t it though! 💯 There’s no better feeling! This means a lot! 💖 Thank you so much! 😊🤗
Have a nice day stranger!!❤️😇
Have a nice day stranger!!😇❤️❤️