One of the first steps in protecting yourself from bullying is to know what types of people you should avoid. And understand that trusting your feelings is also important as some people are experts at hiding their true intentions and some things just aren’t so obvious.
It’s a good thing that we all have a sixth sense and are able to sense the vibes and energy others put out. That can also work in our favor.
Here are the types of bad eggs to be aware of and avoid at all costs:
1. The gossip – this person is a walking tabloid. You’ll see and hear her talking trash about different people and you’ll notice she does it all the time. Many gossips will even talk about people they don’t know but have only heard about. They always seem to know everything about everyone- everything, short of their bathroom habits.
Know this! If they talk about others, they will talk about you too. Ditch these people…fast!
2. The big–nose – this person is virulently nosy and should be considered a twin sister to the gossip because most gossips tend to consistently have their face in everyone’s business. You will often find them asking others personal questions, eavesdropping on conversations, eyeing people intensely, butting in, and inserting their cheap two-cents where it doesn’t belong. Avoid these people at all costs!
3. The two-face – An even closer sister of the gossip. These people pretend to be your friend but stab you in the back. The sad thing is that you’re usually the last to know. Again, if they’ll talk about somebody else…
Be careful what you share, not only with these people, but with anyone. Don’t share anything you wouldn’t want anyone to know.
Two words of advice. Steer clear!
4. The drama queen/king – This bad egg is a chronic complainer who always seems to have a problem for every solution. They are never happy and impossible to please. Moreover, this person also seems to have unending misfortune- bad break after bad break, back-to-back. Sure, we all have times when we must vent, and we all have bad luck at times. Perfectly normal. But when it’s constant, you have to wonder if the person is unknowingly bringing much of it on themselves somehow.
These people complain about everything and everybody. And they will complain about you too eventually. Bad moods have a way of spreading fast. So, if the person consistently dogs your mood, it’s best not to have anything to do with them. No one wants to be around a sad-sack nosebleed who whines constantly because, being around them can quickly become a drag.
More importantly, drama queens and kings also tend to be suspicious of people. They’re the type who think everyone is out to get them or everyone has ulterior motives. And if they think everyone is out to get them, they’ll think you’re out to get them too and they will get you before you get them.
Again, steer clear!
5. The passive-aggressive person – this person is sneaky and should be avoided as well because if they even think you’ve slighted them somehow, they’ll unless a rash of covert attacks- attacks you won’t even see coming until it’s too late. Also, if they have an agenda and you just happen to be standing in their way, look out! They will make your life a living hell. This person is to be avoided at all costs!
6. Anyone who puts out bad vibes. When we’re around some people we can sense that something is off about them, or we pick up on the vibes and energies they put out that doesn’t feel good or doesn’t feel quite right. Always listen to your gut feeling because vibrations don’t lie.
When it comes to bullying, many people, including me, have found out the hard way that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Save yourself years of trial and error and the heartache that goes with it. Get rid of these people…pronto!
With knowledge comes empowerment!
0 thoughts on “6 Types of People You Should Avoid to Keep from Being Targeted”
Good list. I also try to avoid what I call “toxic positivity.” You know, that person who always insists on being “cheerful” and objects to any negative thoughts/comments. That person can turn on you in a flash! Of course the biggest example of that I have ever dealt with also fell into the two-faced category.
Amen on that, Jeff! The people I’ve known who push TP have also been two-faced and fake. Toxic positivity to me is just another form of invalidating a person’s feelings when they’re legitimately sad, angry, or depressed.
Thank you so much, Judi! 😊
You defined these types of people well. Your advice to stay away from them is excellent.
Thank you so much, Molly! I’m so glad this is helping people. That means more to me than anything! 💖💐🌻🌺
Thank you for sharing good advice!!.. sometimes it will be difficult to avoid a bully and one will have to rely on their inner strength to face the bully knowing that you are the better person…. “The greatest challenge in life is to be our own person and accept that being different is a blessing and not a curse”..( Kilroy Oldster).. 🙂
Until we meet again..
May the dreams you hold dearest
Be those which come true
May the kindness you spread
Keep returning to you
Thank you so much! 💖 This means a lot! And the Irish saying is a beautiful one! 😍
I often times remember some advice from Mark Twain; “It is not the size of the dog in a fight that matters, it is the size of the fight in the dog”..( Mark Twain)… 🙂
I love that quote! 💖 Mark Twain was right! 💯👍
Spot on, sometimes they’re unavoidable, because they’re related to you. I’ve learn to be respectful, polite engagements, and leave the event before things go south! 💕C
I can imagine when it’s family members. And you’re wise to leave early, Cheryl. Thank you for sharing your strategy, sweetie! It’s definitely a good one! 💯👍🌞🌺💐
Thank you so much for this helpful information. Unfortunately, avoiding these people feels like we or I have to become a hermit or nun. Sadly, I have been accused of being passive aggressive. Really?! Get a life! No one can look at anyone else now days and see the person and with hold judgement or psychoanalysis. The best defense is to keep ones mouth shut and observe the crazies around me/us. That’s what I am doing.
That last line is dead on right, Ruth! 💯 I feel your pain because I’ve been accused of the same thing anytime I stopped having anything to do with a bully, abuser, or user. But know they call you that to take the guilt off their own evil doings and make you look like the problem. Always remember that no one can possibly know your inner reality and if they claim to do so, they only play God by claiming to know the unknowable. Sending lots of love your way! 💖💐🌞🌺🌻
Cherie my dear, you are so spot-on. 🎯 I agree that we have to have the power of discernment as you noted, “It’s a good thing that we all have a sixth sense and are able to sense the vibes and energy others put out.” We have to be alert, not afraid, because when these jokers smell fear, that’s like serving up yourself for their daily meal. 😱 Well done my dear! There are so many from both sides that need to hear this message. It can certainly change the dynamic of things to come!!! 👏🏼🥰💪🏼😍🌺🌞 It can certainly flip the script on these folks you need to avoid from “target practice!”
Thank you so much, sweetiepie! 💖🌺🌞💐🌻
“… because when these jokers smell fear, that’s like serving up yourself for their daily meal.”
You know it, girl! 💯💯💯
The always negative person can be so draining – it comes to the point that they’ll make you feel sick and guilty for finding peace in your own life.
Exactly, Sara! 💯 But we should learn not to feel that way for having peace on our lives. If we do that, we’re playing right into their hands when we do. Sometimes you just got to let these life-suckers stew in their own juices.
That’s very true, Cherie. <3
#2 comes on as if they are concerned but they are actually just being nosy.
Absolutely right, Monika! 💯 People like that turn my stomach.
Passive-Aggressive is so common; I am discovering! 🎭
It certainly is. Most people are too chicken to say what they mean.
I usually always say what I mean. Sometimes it just comes out wrong. Lol…
You sound like me! 😂🤣😂🤣
Cherie, do you have a hosting site such as GoDaddy or another? I’ve been thinking about trying one, but looking for referrals since I know nothing about them.
I sure don’t, Monika. I guess I need to research it through because I’ve heard of it and my brother used them and may still.
Please keep me posted! 🥳
I sure will.
Yes most definitely!
Thank you so much! 💖
1.The gossip – this person is a walking tabloid. You’ll see and hear her talking trash about different people and you’ll notice she does it all the time. Many gossips will even talk about people they don’t know but have only heard about. They always seem to know everything about everyone- everything, short of their bathroom habits………✔️💯 Percent correct
2. The two-face – An even closer sister of the gossip. These people pretend to be your friend but stab you in the back. The sad thing is that you’re usually the last to know. Again, if they’ll talk about somebody else………………My bully is same type. But people do not know how they are ditched. And I have been ditched many a times. Now I am alert! Quite defensive from this demon, wicky!
Thank you so much for sharing these points. I am knowing more on bullies and from each of your posts i find my bully same to same. amazing!
God had chosen this bully for me!!
Why GOD? Why Lord?
I love you so much, but you have given me a bully that also i acheived, i mean i made success in my love story after a long struggle to get this bully after a pure love. Hahahaha….amazing and amazing.
Thank you LORD for your love, because you taught me through this bully.
My heart hurts for you, Arun! 💔 Know that here, you’re always accepted and welcome. 🤗
I am highly grateful to you for your continuous support, which I received through your posts and your replies.
I am sure that it is Blessings of Lord Jesus who loves me, loves all of us, but we don’t know how to acknowledge.
Your support and love ❤️ is my power.
Be there with me ☺️🙏
Thank you so much.
You’re always welcome, Arun. 😊🤗
I am highly grateful to you for the continuous support, i get through your posts and your comments.
I am highly grateful to my lord, my God, my saviour.
I am very happy ☺️
I’m so glad to hear this, Arun. You’re most welcome. 💖
A very great reminder indeed!
Thank you so much, Aisyah! 😊 💖
Thank you so much.
Amazing article and inspiring 👏
The traits here definitely line up with the negative, toxic influence of the bully. Using confusion and hate by throwing pain into anyone nearby. Not because they have to but due to their own lack of understanding, neglecting to come to terms with their own issues; they inflict more pain on someone smaller. This type of issue isn’t just in schools and among kids but reign high in the highest halls of society. I’ve seen adults who inflict such hate and think because their bigger or older; cannot be a bully but this is false. It is the lesser of a virtue called courage and instead of facing themselves, they take it out in someone else.
This never leads to anything good or noteworthy but rather, only causes more hurt and suffering.
Thanks for sharing 👍 😊 This type of behavior should be written about more frequently and discussed.
You’re very welcome! And I agree. 💯 People hurt others to conceal their own insecurity and make themselves look bigger and better. Bullying the less powerful is about ego.
I had a good laugh about the “walking tabloid” but yeah, I always avoid these types of people. 👍🏻
I’m so glad you got a few laughs. 😁😁😁 And it pays to avoid them! 💯