Everyone has fake friends- people who only pretend to like them but secretly wish them harm and bad luck. And often, these people want to be right up under us now, only to end up betraying us later.
But if they hate us so much, why do they continue to stay around?
Here are a few reasons:
1. To watch us closely. You may not realize it, but these people have a strategy and do this deliberately to achieve their own evil ends. They stick around to study your movements and patterns. They want to learn your routine so that they can better predict any reactions and what your next move is likely to be.
Understand that to learn an enemy’s patterns is to collect intel on them that can be weaponized later.
2. To win your trust. They know that if you let down your guard and trust them, the more likely you are to let them in on your problems and deepest, darkest secrets. Also, when you trust someone, you’re more likely to feel more comfortable making simple, human mistakes and showing your less than desirable emotions around them because, if the person is a friend, they’re least likely to judge you.
But! If they’re fake, you only unwittingly give them fodder and ammunition to use against you later.
3. To watch you fail. Everyone experiences failure at some point. And your fake friends want nothing more than to be around to see it when you do fail at something. They can then smile inside and get the satisfaction and gratification they’ve been looking for.
4. They want to know your desires, plans, goals, and dreams. Because if they know what they are, they know where to sabotage you and gain a sense of power over your life.
Understand that any time you’re bullied, it isn’t so much the bullies who are the most harmful to you. It’s the betrayal of those you thought were your friends. That’s what hurts the most and can be so devastating.
And what makes this so crushing is the knowing the person duped you into handing over your trust. You not only feel violated, you feel stupid for ever allowing the person into your life, to begin with.
It’s the worst feeling in the world- knowing that you were hurt partially because, willingly or not, you allowed it to happen.
So, how do you weed these fakes out before they get the chance to betray you?
1. Be yourself. When you are your true, authentic self, you only naturally drive away people who don’t need to be in your life in the first place. This is a good thing because these people would only harm you later.
Better to rid yourself of them now rather than to wait until you establish a connection and get close to them. Because once you’re close to someone, you naturally give them the benefit of a doubt and it’s much harder to believe they would ever hurt you and even more difficult to have the courage to show them the nearest exit. Better to weed them out now and save yourself that heartache.
2. Voice your opinions. This is more important to do today, more than ever! Because most people nowadays tend to get abusive and bent out of shape when they find out that you don’t have the same opinions, beliefs or convictions as they do.
So, do you want people around you who don’t respect your rights to be a separate individual with an independent mind? I would hope you wouldn’t.
Understand that we should always respect the opinions of others, even though we don’t always agree with them. However, many don’t live by that virtue these days. And when people resort to ad hominem when you don’t agree with their views, they only reveal their own evil intolerance.
Realize that when you’re authentic, you force people to reveal their true natures and tell you all you need to know about them.
And this is how you weed out all the frauds and attract the people who truly value you and who deserve the privilege of being in your life!
Always remember that!
0 thoughts on “4 Reasons Why Fake Friends Stick Around and 2 Ways to Weed Them Out”
Truth in everything you wrote here. And yes, authenticity intimidates bullies and abusers. 😆
Thank you so much. 😁 And yes, bullies know that an authentic person will speak out and expose them for what they truly are. 😂🤣
Lol … 👍
Good topic, good post, and good advice.
Aww! Thank you so much! 😊
Oh girl, it doesn’t take long before those fake friends, our frenemies are exposed. It’s inevitable that they will slip up and you realize just how much you were duped by their pretentious behavior! 😤 🤨 😠 Great post Cherie! 👏🏼
Thank you so much, honey! It makes you angry doesn’t it? And I we aren’t careful, it’ll make us not trust anyone and when we don’t trust anyone, we close ourselves off and lose out on the people who are genuine. 😢💔
You’re right Cherie. Hence, I may have acquaintances, but a true ride-and-die friend, girl I can count them on a few fingers! 🖐🏼 It is sad really, because we do keep our guard up more than we would probably like too! 😞
You said that right. 💯🎯 And you’re smart to keep your circle small. I advocate and admire that! 😍😍😍
Yep, we have to do what we need to do to protect us from those diabolical frenemies!!! 👹🤯😠
Yasss, Lawd! 💯🎯
Rightly said.cherie ,I would like to recommend one book I.e. Chankya neeti.One of the famous book written by chanakya before many years which is nicely explains about who to deal persons in personnel, professional and social life during various phases of life.I hope this book will surely help anyone who is reading this.
Thank you, Prakaash. I’ll definitely look it up.
I’m addicted to your posts. These are so good and on point! “Because most people nowadays tend to get abusive and bent out of shape when they find out that you don’t have the same opinions, beliefs or convictions as they do.” Good to remember that if you just be yourself, you’ll drive the wrong people away.
Aww, thank you so much, Sara! 💖💐🌹And you’re so right, honey! 💯 People nowadays lose the masks real fast when they find out that you’re not on the same level as they are. 👀👀👀