If they destroy your confidence, they’ll destroy your life.
It’s a fact! If your confidence goes, your performance in school, or on the job, your social abilities, everything else will go too.
Think about it. Most bullied people do not do well in school or in the workplace if others do not treat them with fairness and respect, and give them space, opportunity, and freedom to learn and grow. Their performance takes a nosedive.
Anytime someone is bombarded with consistent put-downs, nitpicking, and abuse; their grades suffer because they stop believing in themselves and focus more on protecting themselves than on lessons.
Although we do hear of bullied kids who get mad, dive into schoolwork, and make exceptional grades and honors to compensate for their social failures, or a bullied worker will perform extra well to compensate and prove his coworkers wrong, these people are often the exception to the rule.
So, if you ever encounter bullying, you must guard your confidence and self-esteem with everything you have in you. Because your life truly does depend on it!
Here’s how you protect your self-esteem and confidence:
• Do things you enjoy most.
• Display your talents and gifts.
• Keep company only with people who encourage, respect and love you the most.
• Be there for others who are suffering.
• Take pride in your appearance and look your best. Because if you look great, you feel great!
• Make affirmations- “I AM” statements to yourself every day. “I AM beautiful”, “I AM smart”, “I AM better than what they say”, etc.
• Find a therapist to talk to.
• Tell the people who love you about what you’re going through.
• Whatever you do, Don’t be silent about it!
Don’t you think you’re worth it? I do!
0 thoughts on “9 Ways to Buffer Your Confidence from the Onslaught of Bullying”
Good advice, as usual. One t hing I might say differently is I would expand it to, Find a therapist or clergyman to talk to.”
Absolutely, Herb. I’ll definitely edit that into the post! Thank you for the tip! Much appreciated!
Words of wisdom. Everyone should follow these rules.
Thank you so much! ❤
Makes me so sad to think about the kids that are bullied because the are “different”. ugh heartbreaking
Me too, Bella. And those who have the fortitude to stand up for themselves are mostly gaslighted and punished for it. Then the attitude of bullies and bystanders is, “How dare you!”