Gossips are everywhere! Too many people worry needlessly about what people are saying about them. But here’s the thing, people talk. They’re going to have something to say about you until the day you die. Get used to it. Better, yet embrace it! Love it!
1. When people talk about you, they make you relevant! Good or bad, it means you’re an exciting topic- you’re not dull. Remember that it’s much better to be good or bad then to be boring.
2. When people engage in petty gossip about you, it means that they can’t get you off their minds. Somehow, someway, positive or negative, you’ve made an impact on them. You’ve stirred emotions up in them.
3. When people talk about you, it means they don’t have lives of their own and are obsessed with yours, which means your life must be more exciting than theirs.
4. When people talk behind your back, they reveal much more about themselves than they do you. Remember the old proverb, “Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, and Small minds discuss people.”
5. When people can’t shut up about you, you’re the one who’s in control of them. Because you occupy a large amount of space in their minds, you’ve affected them profoundly and with little or no effort.
Businessman not listening to nonsense
6. The people who blab about you expend a lot of their energy on you while you get to save yours. They’re thinking of you without getting so much as a thought from you.
7. When you’re the topic of others’ discussions, it means that they’re your fans, only they don’t know it.
8. In a nutshell, when people can’t stop running their mouths about you, it only means that you have a tremendous amount of power over them and you didn’t have to make an effort to get that power! Yay, you!
So don’t give their talk any validation by reacting. Just sit back and be amused by the talkers, provided it’s just petty gossip and not defamation. I’ll distinguish between the two in a future post.
0 thoughts on “Let Them Talk”
Excellent post Cherie!
I gave up worrying about what others think of me, let them gossip. I decided then I am not in a popularity race.
Thank you so much! And I did the same years ago! And it is so freeing!!!
This is a very great post. I can relate it to me straight away. I really wonder why there is not too much response to this awesome post. People are really weird! 😉
Aw! Thank you! It’s okay though. Maybe not many have seen it yet!
Hmm….keep up the great work.
I sure will!
Excellent post. Thanks for bringing a brighter side to a hurtful form of bullying. If we can look at gossip the way you have written than maybe it wont hurt so much. I love your blog post and would love to do a guest post for you sometime.
Thank you so much, Aimee. It would be my pleasure!
Awesome. What would you like me to do a guest blog post on for you?
I like to hear and read personal stories. What was your worst and most humiliating bullying incident? How did you react and what emotions did you feel?
Personal stories have always interested me.
I will work on a post for you. Is there any time you would like it by?
How does two weeks sound? I want to give you plenty of time so you can take your time and feel the feelings that come to you as you write. In my experience, feelings equals the best posts- posts that stir emotion in readers. <3